• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FL to AL to S FL...and everywhere in between

JamesM

Hey guys, I am making a trip from Tampa, Fl to Red Stone Arsenal and then down to South Florida. I am heading up on the 3rd of May (Thursday) and plan to be back by the 6th (Sunday).

I have several trailers to choose from and before I hook up to the smallest one (which is all I really need for my pickup), I figured I would see if anyone else had anything they needed hauled. I'll be pulling with a 1-ton dually and have a 31' and a 40' gooseneck as well as a 20' bumper pull (so you guys have an idea what I am working with).

Reply here or PM with whatever you have!!

Last edited:

bigzirb

You drive slower than my wife if you are leaving the 3rd of April and are just now posting up the plans and offering to haul stuff.:)
Sorry, too easy to resist since i can't even tell you what day it is usually.

JamesM

Ha. I just got the idea to post my trips up here....I am on the road all the time and will try my best to give a little more notice next time around! But hey...better late than never, right?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, I am making a trip from Tampa, Fl to Red Stone Arsenal and then down to South Florida. I am heading up on the 3rd of April (Thursday) and plan to be back by the 6th (Sunday).

Ha. I just got the idea to post my trips up here....I am on the road all the time and will try my best to give a little more notice next time around! But hey...better late than never, right?
Umm, Sir, the 3rd of April was 27 days ago.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I figured you meant May but like bigzirb, I had to poke a little fun while the opportunity existed. I'd love to get you to bring me some stuff from Wreckerman893 but I can't afford anything he has.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I'm about 80 miles SE of Redstone....if you want to layover at my LZ you are welcome to flop in the spare room.

If you are going to do a pickup at GL Redstone call Teresa ASAP for an appointment....they have been very busy lately.

PM for contact info.

CycleJay

Hello James,

If you plan on coming thru Atlanta, by way of the I-75, I-285, etc.
And you need any assistance, please let me know.

I am located in Marietta, Ga. and I would be glad to do what I can.

PM me for contact information.

Good night, have a safe trip.

JamesM

Thanks for all of the offers guys! I really appreciate it and will definitely be getting with you guys if any assistance is needed!

I'll post up about how the trip went as well as some plans for the next ones!

Set to head out tomorrow early afternoon but will keep checking the thread til I return! Be good you all....talk to you next week!!