• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flare and Repair Brake Line?

Truckie

I did the same on my M35; ended up replacing all the brake lines in the front using the off the shelf lengths from NAPA. I found out the hard way that you need to file the end down 1/8" after using the tube cutter, because the tube becomes "work hardened" at the cut and will not flare correctly.

Capt.Marion

You can take your broken brake line off and take it to a place like Royal Brass and Hose that make custom lines and hoses and have them make one for you. I had to do that with one of mine, and they did an excellent job. They also made all-new brake hoses for me, too.

7Dust

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I ended up doing:

I took the NAPA part number above and ordered the armored 51" line so it would look similar to the others on the truck (only shiny). :)

I found that the line can almost be hand bent to shape with the armor on it. 51" is just a tiny bit longer than stock I think but its easy to exagerrate some of the bends to make up the difference.

Just wanted to update and help the next guy that finds this thread in a search.

robert c neth

Banned
did you clean out the line with a reamer before you flared it ? that has made adifference for me.and the cheap double flair tools rarely work right.better to go to napa for one line .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks