• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flasher stays lit with headlights...

TyJustice

If the fault is not located with this particular problem and the indicator light burns out, will that close the circuit and fail to engage the bulbs?

Just trying to prioritize my work list this weekend.:-D

edpdx

mudman, can you elaborate on what it was that you found please. I have had my steering wheel out for a new key cylinder and would like to know what I hay have done to cause probs.

mudman

edpex, I don't know if it was something I did., but my left light was staying on and after looking for the problem, it turns out the blinker switch it self was shorted. About the only way you can check it easally is to remove the steering wheel and get after it with a volt meter. it seemed to work fine ( both left and right detents were working), but it was something in the switch it self. Hope this helps. I had to pull my steering wheel two times before I got it fixed.

CGSDarkstar

I have a similar issue with right blinker on with headlights engaged and as a result the right front running lights aren't working (side reflector and front bulb). I started out by changing the bulb with no change and tested the old bulb which was fine.

I than started considering other options. My grandfather always repaired these issues with electrical tape cut to match the size of the light and solved his blinker and engine problem light every time. But since that sounds too much like my brothers approach to eliminating rattles in a car is installing a louder stereo, which did work until the transmission fell out. So with those options considered
i went back to some recent changes that were made. I had to pull the rear blackout lights off for the install of a new bumper. Immediately after their removal the problem stated. This weekend i will try to install the old ones and temporarily ground them to see if that fixes the problem. if not i will check all the grounds and start tracing down the problem.

Will let you know what i find.

Darkstar

Last edited:

llong66

I had a similar issue, when I posted on it Doghead suggested grounds. I started with the front left TS socket, thats where my issue was, I found that the ground tab inside the socket was broken. In my case, I had enough tab to pull it up and rebend it and it hs worked fine. If the sho did not replace the socket with the other things they replaced, I would start there replace the socket for the TS and side marker buld. Cheap, easy fix!

Good luck!
Greg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks