• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flasher stays lit with headlights...

realm

when I turn headlights on my left flashed stays lit. Right flashed works normally.

What could be the issue? Where are flashed fuses? Could that be it? Or where are they grounded?

dilvoy

If you are saying that when your turn on your headlights, your left turn indicator on the dash board stays lit, you probably need to change the front left turn signal socket assy. It probably has a problem with the ground wire.

Reactions: Zeb

realm

Wow, I can't type apparently.

Correct, I turn my headlights on and the left flasher arrow just stays lit green. Right flasher arrow works normal. Right it doesn't matter where blinker lever is set, the arrow light just stays on.

Will try and take it apart to see what's up, thank u.

realm

little further...

I noticed my driver side marker bulb barely comes on, it just glows orange some. Passenger side still bright.
I switched the bulbs and same thing, so it's not the bulbs, but I guess connection sending power to driver side marker is weak.

How can I check and figure out where the issue is?

lavarok

I have the same issue with one of my M1009s. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it fully yet, but was advised by gurus here that it is most likely a ground issue or a bad light bulb socket causing a ground issue. I'll try to trace it out this weekend as long as the rain decides to let up.

realm

I took it to a shop, they replaced the bulbs and some wires. I got 5 miles down the road and the problem came back.

Any other ideas with those symptoms and it coming back?

Pawnshop

Mine did the same thing, (on the same side to boot) I replaced the flasher relay and it started flashing again but the marker/park lights did not work and the left signal indicator in the dash was still on all the time. The socket was replaced and now they work like they should, even flash at the same rate on both sides now. Does your high beam work on that side? Mine does not, the headlamp socket is also fried, I have a complete NOS headlamp/marker/turn signal harness on order, that should fix all. It appears that the left side of the headlamp harness is funky and failures are common in that area.

realm

When you say socket do you mean the socket the bulb is in for the side marker light or what? I'm slow, sorry. :) can I get that at like autozone or napa?

Pawnshop

Yes, the plastic thingie that holds the bulb, you should be able score one at NAPA. I am not real sure how to tell when it is bad (I paid a mechanic to fix the issue) I HATE chasing sparks. I scored the replacement wiring harness on eBay for $62.50 shipped, I don't know if that is a competitlve price but that is what I paid.

TyJustice

Changed out bulb in front passenger turn signal and I'm having the same issues.

New bulb is dim, but functions both front a rear and blink rate is the same on both sides.

When head lights are on the "right" signal indicator arrow stays on, but signals properly when engaged.

Trying to narrow it down a little..Bulb issue or ground issue, can someone point me in the right direction.

edpdx

I posted the same inquiry a few months back. Last week I had the cluster out to switch the RED leds back to white. I noticed that the big wiring harness that energizes the cluster had a very short lead and that it had to be pivoted into the cluster connector bottom first. (reverse of how I removed it). When the cluster was free, I noticed that the number 9 copper tab at the bottom right of the circuit board" was over-lapped and laying on top of the number 8 tab. I straightened this out and when the cluster was replaced the problem had gone away.

My ground was checked and is fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks