• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flasher/Turn signal wont work in Park light mode after installing LED Park/tail light

So I installed LED Park and Tail lights from Riverside MFG a few days ago and they work correct in all modes except the Park light mode.

When in that mode if I turn the signal left or right...it just lights up which ever side you turn the signal to up full brightness and that side stays that way until you turn the signal off.

If you turn the flahsers on then the Park and Tail/Brake lights light up full brightness and stay that way until you turn them off.

The tail lights just stay on normally as well even when I hit the brakes...no full brightness.

All of this is happeneing only in the park light mode where you only have Park,Tail, and clearance lights on.

Am I forgetting something?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remove the bulb in the flasher switch, behind the green lens, and see if the flashers work properly. If they do then replace that bulb with an LED bulb and enjoy your lights.

Remove the bulb in the flasher switch, behind the green lens, and see if the flashers work properly. If they do then replace that bulb with an LED bulb and enjoy your lights.

I will definitely try this tomorrow afternoon and report back to you tomorrow night.

Man, you are up late lols...you at work?

I'm the Pot calling the Kettle black though haha!

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will definitely try this tomorrow afternoon and report back to you tomorrow night.

Man, you are up late lols...you at work?

I'm the Pot calling the Kettle black though haha!
Yeah I was at work...in the driveway. I have today off so I had to take advantage of the time last night too. You know, too much to do with too little time. I had just finished replacing the front axle boots to top off the night when I posted. To bed at 4:45 am and up again at 8:00 am.

That looks to be right. Those will also fit in the warning lights for low pressure, parking brake, etc. When swapping to LEDs, always get the same bulb color as the lens. A white LED bulb does not project color through a colored lens the way a clear incandescent bulb does.

Well, I'm glad you posted because that is exactly what the problem was. I took the bulb out and they started working immediately. I went on ahead and ordered the LED bulb for it as well as the cable adapter from Eriks like you got to keep the park lights on with headlights. There to nice to not get to use with the headlights lol.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks