• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flasher unit on m35a3

Freight Dog

Tomcata3,
I have an M35A3 and have been driving it for about a year. I have a flasher that works intermittently. Sometimes it works normally, other times the Green light comes on in the cab and stays on. When that happens the lights outside don't illuminate at all.
I took my flasher off and sanded all of the ground points so it would make better contact. When I put it back on it did not improve the situation. I think temperature affects it's operation. More heat, less reliability. But, I'm not sure.
Anyway, to answer your question, the flasher on the M35A3, is located on the left fender, inside the engine compartment.
A new one is about $47.00.

Hope this helps. I need to get mine working also.

Freight Dog

tomcata3

thanks for the info, my turn signals sometimes work, but when they don't the light in cab blinks. I will try to sand it down like you said.
Another Question for you
How long does it take till your heater is hot? I took the truck for 30 min drive and still no heat.

mktopside

Banned
Man, glad I saw this thread. I just thought I was a retard and didn't know how to operate the light on my A3. The work 75% of the time when the headlights are off, but only every once in a while when they are on. For that price I'll just buy the new flasher unit and give it a shot.

Freight Dog

tomcata3,
While this thread was started as a question about the M35A3 Flasher,
it morphed into a question about the M35A3 heater. You said you drive for 30 minutes and the heater blows cold air.
I've been checking the TM's and here is what I came up with.
Since the Personnel Heater in the M35A3 is a water heater and not a Fuel Burning Heater (Like the Arctic Heater Kit), I think we can narrow down your problem and find a solution.
Two possibilities come to mind.

One: A sticking thermostat will cause the heater to blow cold air.
That is what you described.
I will try to attach a picture of the thermostat from TM-9-2320-386-24-1-1.
Set parking brake, Raise and secure hood, Drain cooling system and go for it!

Two: Since hot water from the engine is the source of heat, it is possible you are not getting flow through the water shut of valve.
That is Number 5 on the picture I am going to attach from TM 9-2320-386-24.
The damper control cable, Number 1 in the picture, needs to be connected to the water shut off valve properly.

I am thinking your thermostat is the culprit!
Hope this helps.

Freight Dog

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks