• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Bed Pick-Up at Hooks

frodobaggins

It's amazing the different experiences people have at Hooks. I walked all over that lot unsupervised. Plenty of people saw me and didn't seem to care.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never been allowed more than a couple of cars lengths from the truck in the dozen or so times I have been there, I think your experience was rare!
James G.

bigtruck

Anyone ever thought about pulling one of these 1061 mv trailers behind a regular pick-up truck with a compressed air supply (accompanied by in-cab air controls) to power the brakes....? I think if a guy lowered the flat bed (i've seen it done to this trailer on another thread),, carefully distributed his load, and effectively operated the air brakes,,, he could elliminate some of the swaying,, and perhaps produce a safe puller behind a 3/4-1ton pick-up.... I do, however, agree that it is best suited behind a deuce or 5ton

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you could control the air brakes the trailer would not be a bad pull, the Armada had no problem towing the weight but the top end speed/sway and stopping was the draw back. I think with the way the trailer is set up the sway is always going to be a problem at speed in anything less than a Deuce.
James

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks