• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Black Deuce?

Clay James

I wonder if it would get the same amount of looks? I've been thinking that deuces stand out mostly because of their camo(ironic). If it was another color it might look more like a regular commercial truck. Although us deuce owners will always know :D Not that it really matters, just pondering.

merlot566jka

I have a flat black Deuce. Used John Deere Blitz Black paint on top of POR-15 flat underbody coating. In my opinion it gets even more looks. It looks frieghtening as well. Friends have described it as "something you dont want to come across at night" and " secret government project looking truck"

It is hard to paint the stuff on and make it look good. Sandblasting would be the best option, but man is that alot of work with tools you can buy from a store. It needs to be blasted all the way down and painted from scratch.

I wasnt going for the rat rod look, but this is what they rodding crowd uses to flat black a vehicle. The paint is uber thick, meant for tractors, and so far is holding up well.
I think it looks "stealthy" haha, if that is even possible for a deuce.

I would post pics, but I am on my ship somewhere in the pacific ocean. I have posted pics in other threads, I am sure a search of my name would turn up some pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks