• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Black painted vehicles?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the 2010 GA Rally multimedia page. There you will find pics of pctrans bobbed 5 ton in flat black. It looks sinister.

Fort Powell

PCTRANS,

Your truck paint job is exactly what I am looking for.
It looks outstanding!

Can you give me any info on how you painted and what supplies you used?

Thank you.

Fort Powell

I remember seeing the black jeeps on Camp Lejeune. A few of them were out on the ranges for targets.
I think some had TOWS on them as well. I always thought they were with Recon.

A

A/C Cages

Flat black is nice unless you live here in Florida where it will bake you alive in it.

deuceaid

Banned
not that it counts,,, but years ago a fellow co-worker had a flat black toyota v6. Helped him fix a fuel leak on the fuel rail...... we teased him about the brush strokes in the paint,, but he did use his truck, so I give him credit

SIDE STORY....... I love having good neighbors, that happen to be parts managers at the dealership,,, and they open up the shop after hours( after you just called them durring dinner).... and get the parts we needed ,,,the computers were off,,,,,, I just gave my Word that it would get paid by someone else......

deuceaid

Banned
Also,,, in the dessert, driving around.... anytime near sunrise or sunset,,, it(flat anything) dosent blind you, speaking from personal experience........ I HATE,,,, HATE new glossy white company trucks..... I was lucky to find some gas welding glasses in order to get home from a long work run up to Lost Vegas.

Atomic

At first when maddawg said glossy black, I was thinking why? Now that I have stared at it for about 5 minutes, I think I like it. Good looking paint job.

mikew

I've built two "Bliz Black" trucks, pictures here:

Trucks

Blitz Black is a matte black John Deere color that is popular with the street rod / lead sled guys. It's very affordable, about $50 a gallon, and tough as nails (use hardener with it).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks