• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat Tire Pickup

kassim503

Hey all,

Ill be down in Ft.Meade early friday picking up my new [to me] m101a2 trailer. Im planning on towing it home via my 1/2 ton 'burb. Problems- the trailer has a blown out tire, besides that everything works as it should. This being my first time at this rodeo, im asking if I can change said flat tire on site before heading down the road?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That should not be an issue. Let me rephrase, are you going to bring a spare or do you plan on pulling the rim and going to a tire store. If it's a simple tire change, should be no problem.

K9Vic

Last time I pickup a trailer Hooks, TX there was no pressure for me to get out quickly I felt. I think that you do need to get it loaded out out within an hour as they have hourly appointments, but not sure. I always bring two spares with me when I get a trailer as you never know if you need a second. As they are always M101A2 the wheels are super easy to find, so if you have access to a second one I highly recommend bringing two spares.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shuldn't be a problem. That is, if you are bringing your own stuff to do it with: spare, jack, 4-way lug wrench, etc. If they checked you on/off base, they might squawk about you coming and going, otherwise, I have found, they might even help you.

kassim503

ah very good, i'm bringing a nearly new pair of rim/tire combos, planning on changing one and probably going to keep the other as a spare until I get her home. Thanks for the speedy replies!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I picked up a bolster trailer on time in TN and the guy picked it up with a forklift so I didn't have to use a jack. The spare on the trailer was low so they let me use the shop compressor to air it up. This was a Nat. Guard base and I spoke the lingo.....some GL sites will go the extra mile......others will do the bare minumum.

koolex11

The guys at Meade are pretty nice. They give you time to break everything down and probably won't mind a quick tire change. If it's not actually ruptured, maybe a can of slime and a compressor will work?