• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flat towing a deuce chassis

Vendetta

Can you get a flat trailer suitable to load a Deuce onto that fits on a Deuce's hitch? (pintle?) If so would that work or would the weight be too great on the hitch of the Deuce towing the 2nd?

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you get a flat trailer suitable to load a Deuce onto that fits on a Deuce's hitch? (pintle?) If so would that work or would the weight be too great on the hitch of the Deuce towing the 2nd?
tounge weight can be adjusted in placement over trailer axels a #10,000 GVW trailer behind a duece should be no problem with brakes

rcassettyjr

Wow a lot of interest in this theoretical discussion.

The tow vehicle is a full size Dodge pickup. I have towed trailers through the mountains of WV that had brakes just over 9000 pounds with no issues. I would not go any larger than that and a stripped deuce chassis would be far less than that.

I was mostly concerned with the weight of a stripped chassis and how the steering would react. The steering box would be on the chassis but I found 2 posts that mentioned disconnecting the drag link which is why I mentioned it. I also considered the tow dolly idea. The front of a deuce would fit on an 80" wide heavy duty dolly and the chassis would not exceed the weight rating especially with the rear axle suspended with the tires removed and the outer tires removed from the forward axle. I may explore that idea if this were to be come a reality.

What is best way to suspend that rear axle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks