• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flexible heater ducting

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a source for just the flexible ducting for a duece heater? Mine is a little ragged and i'd like to replace it.

24-VOLTS

JC WHITNEY HAS THE CORRECT CLOTH STYLE FOR THE BOOTH 3" & 4" DUCTING. OTHERWISE CHECK LOCAL RESTORATION SHOPS

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the local NAPA guy said they didn't have it and said to use a dryer vent tube :x , and all I can find on JC Whitney is 3". Any more ideas?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I really seem to remember Year One having it at one point......

Try part # 9362N at Year One..... It is a 6' long section of 4" tubing...

Believe it or not, if I remember my codes correctly, that part # means it is an original GM part.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got a NAPA guy who knows a little, part number 815-5007. They only had 30" and they say it's the last in Texas. When I went to the NAPA online site I cold not pull up that part number-discontinued????? :shock:

Mike_L

Worldwide Shortage

When I checked at my NAPA last week, he told me that the supplier was on worldwide backorder. He is supposed to be checking and let me know when it is available. The smallest length I could get was 6' long.

JDToumanian

When I checked at my NAPA last week, he told me that the supplier was on worldwide backorder.
The company that used to make it here in the USA is busy shipping it's flexible duct making machinery to China, so they can make it for 20% of the previous cost and charge you 20% more for it. Please be patient with them.

Jon

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The company that used to make it here in the USA is busy shipping it's flexible duct making machinery to China, so they can make it for 20% of the previous cost and charge you 20% more for it. Please be patient with them.
"Mommy, what were jobs like?"

:roll: