• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flint, MI Assembly Plant Questions

PAm1009

Just curious did Chevrolet add all the military options Uncle Sam wanted (to the CUCVs) at the Flint plant or were they taken else where for the military parts. thanks much
kyle

Last edited by a moderator:

PAm1009

Sorry about that did chevrolet add the black out lights, m-16 racks, brush guard etc. I didnt know if they did those add ons in-house at the flint plant. Thanks
kyle

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry about that did chevrolet add the black out lights, m-16 racks, brush guard etc. I didnt know if they did those add ons in-house at the flint plant. Thanks
kyle
I don't know about the gun racks , but the blackout lights brush graurd and 3 color paint job came down the line in flint . Right along with civy models at the same time.
Assembly Line Pics

Last edited by a moderator:

tankie88

Now,looking at the plant assembly line...1 military blazer and then say 4 or 5 civi ones then a couple of military ones.Would that put the assembly costs up.I thought i might have been better to build in batches.Say 40 or 50 at a time.Here in the Uk if the military want Land Rovers they are built in batches.As military rovers have differant wiring harnesses and the like.The harnesses are all the same color just have differant numbers it the end of the cables.

ajsmith184

Now,looking at the plant assembly line...1 military blazer and then say 4 or 5 civi ones then a couple of military ones.Would that put the assembly costs up.I thought i might have been better to build in batches.Say 40 or 50 at a time.Here in the Uk if the military want Land Rovers they are built in batches.As military rovers have differant wiring harnesses and the like.The harnesses are all the same color just have differant numbers it the end of the cables.
That's logical...You obviously arent familiar with the UAW ;)