• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flipping the dish

Bigo1966

So there I was looking at my Deuce Rims and noticed on quite a few, the dish is rivited in and welded every so often. My thought was would it be possible to cut/drill out all the riviets, flip the dish and bolt it back in with however many Grade 8 nuts and bolts it takes and run singles in the rear?

My other thought on split rings...Lay a few beads here and there to ensure that ring is not going to fly off while im playing on the trails?

Thanks

Orion

liljohn

I can't imagine welding on the split rings is a good idea at all, nor do I think it's necessary. Not to mention complicating matters greatly if you do get a flat.

ASTFU

flipping the dish ,doing it now

I just started to flip the dish around on one wheel first .I cut all the rivits and drifted them out and cut the 3 1 inch welds. Pounded out the centers put them back in the oposite way and started to weld back in (of course ran out of wire) will continue tommorow. They look good with 1400s on them.:-D

Attachments

tm america

i like the way they look flipped but looks like they stick out to far on the front could you have stuck the center in farther :?:i wouldnt weld the rings on the weld wont hold up and it could make the ring break and look out when that happens . the tire holds the ring on no worry about them coming off as long as they have air in em

ASTFU

I am not going to weld the rings on. The dish cant go in any further the rim steps out about 1/4 inch I will get more pics tommorow.

Jakob

Can you get a picture with the wheel/tire combo from the front of the truck. I wonder how much of the tire sticks out past the fender.

Also, did you widen the wheels at all? Or is it just flipped centers?

avengeusa

Can you get a picture with the wheel/tire combo from the front of the truck. I wonder how much of the tire sticks out past the fender.

Also, did you widen the wheels at all? Or is it just flipped centers?

I was gonna ask the same thing, widened?

ASTFU

I did not widen the rims, I am doing this one first just to check everything out if it works then I am going to 5 ang save myself a lot of money. I will post pics of the tire mounted on front this afternoon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks