• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Flooded GL Truck Visit

rdixiemiller

RE: I am Back from LA

Watch out for "Bought it and haven't had a chance to get it started" E-Bay auctions. I wonder how many people will try to towbar those trucks and fry the wheel brgs?
Some of the trucks went low enough that they would have been worthwhile as sheetmetal donors. You would still need a lowboy to move them......

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

"Bought it and haven't had a chance to get it started"
My favorite one was from a genset I bought "Was previously running". LOL, that makes me laugh!

ida34

I love the car ads you see that says the vehicle in question runs good then they have won't start. I have seen a few of them over the years. "Yea, she ran great right up to the point that she would not start."

alphadeltaromeo

It's sorta like "Has a Life Time Warranty" which really ='s the warranty is good while it's still alive, but once it's dead, the warranty expires.

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter

From what I saw of the wreckers last week the booms may be salvagable but the winches were toast. But I couldn't find any evidence that the engines had any water in them, dip sticks were clean and no corrosion on the inside of the caps or dip stick tube?? The generators had nice trailers but that was it, they still had trash on top of everything inside the cases.
James G.

rdixiemiller

I guess if the water never got over the air cleaner inlets, and the intake and exhaust system were tight, the engines could be OK. You would definately want to inspect one of those trucks CAREFULLY before bidding.

colyork

some of those trucks went around $500 ,I would be willing to bet that at least one of them will be rebuilt by someone who will tear it down to the frame and start rebuilding and repalceing parts as needed.People have started with less.I mean some people enjoy the restoration more than driving them when they are done. Just a another way of looking at these trucks.