• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flooding in tennessee

davidkroberts

well west tennessee is experiencing record level flooding. The area in the picture was about two feet lower than it was today. I was pushing water with the front bumper while i was playing. Honestly we got record flooding last year. We are expecting 2 more feet than last year if the projections are right. Between the tornados, heat waves, ice storms, droughts, floods, earthquakes, snowstorms, hailstorms, and bad economic conditions you would think we would just move...... oh well, home is home

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a campsite with a camper on it on the Tennessee river (Kentucky lake). I went down there yesterday and moved everything out. They are saying that Kentucky lake will break a record at 372" above sea level and will be within 18" of the top of the dam.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't laugh. We are having an outbreak of the 13 year cicadas, and it is about deafing outside at night.

G-Force

No matter how BAD things get you guys remember ONE thing and ONE thing only............If you forget EVERYTHING you ever learned or experienced in your ENTIRE LIFETIME just be sure that YOU remember this ONE THING...............AWE FUDGE............I forgot what I was gonna tell you........

treeguy

You have cicadas NOW? My area just had them 2 years ago, so much for the 13 year rule. (If it is 13 years shouldn't it be all or nothing every where at once?):grin:
Ya know what though, David is right what the heck is going on - everything he said AND all the apocolypse (sorry spelling) stuff on TV in the last year and still going strong? (2012 anyone?):cookoo:

AMX

I've got a campsite with a camper on it on the Tennessee river (Kentucky lake). I went down there yesterday and moved everything out. They are saying that Kentucky lake will break a record at 372" above sea level and will be within 18" of the top of the dam.
Last time I saw Kentucky lake really high was in the late 60's. We were going to eat lunch on a small island but noticed the ground was moving. When we got closer it became clear that the entire small island was snakes crawling over each other and falling back into the water. They had been forced out by the high water. It really looked like the snake pits they used to have in the Smokies. i will never forget that sight, nor will my, at the time, screaming mother.

AMX

You have cicadas NOW? My area just had them 2 years ago, so much for the 13 year rule. (If it is 13 years shouldn't it be all or nothing every where at once?):grin:

There are two different batches of cicadas. I believe one is every five years. I hope not to have anymore for a while.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks