• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Floorboard Replacement

DXTAC

Has anyone actually used THIS 3M product or a similar product? I am looking to replace the floorboards, or at least portions of it, and a good friend of mine that owns a body shop says he never welds floorboards in place anymore unless it's a unibody. If the vehicle has a full frame he uses epoxy as it's just as strong and creates a better seal.

I do not own a welder so this sure would make it a MUCH easier job! Attached is a PDF for the 3M product. It sure is some interesting stuff!!

Any words of wisdom or opinions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Attachments

Last edited:

DXTAC

I considered the expense too but if I were to go out and buy a welder that could get the job done correctly I could use this instead. If I paid to have the job done at a shop I would pay through the nose!!

jetskinut94

I used fiberglass, BUT I did not have a lot to fix on my floor boards. When i got my m1009 they had a some kind of mat laid down that attraced water and it had created small rust holes on the drivers and passenger side boards. So I fist took my drill motor with a wire brush and cleaned the area of all rust. This alos allows you to see what good metal vs bad metal is still there.
After that I put down a rust proofing agent that once dry kills the rust and acts as a primer barrier. Then whatever rust holes were left I just went in and mixed up some resin and hardner and laid in the fiberglass and let it dry. Once dry I painted it with some OD green paint and good as new. And the best part is it will never rust again. This procedure will not work if you have complete floorboard that needs replaced. You can get all these items over in the automotive section of WalMart or at O'reilly's or autozone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks