• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida man. Long time lurker, first time posting.

dotson90

Hello friends, my name is Josh Dotson. I have been lurking around here for about 5 years now and have never made a post. I posted over on the LMTV Facebook group and wanted to post here as well. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that is active here. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge shared here and I'm blessed to be apart of it.

Now to show off my toys and share a little bit about myself. I recently purchased a M1088 and M1083. I'm still waiting for the trucks to be released. But I have already received my Tobyhanna AN/ASM-189E Van Trailer.
😬

My plans are to use the M1088 and van trailer to create a mobile maker space/camper. I plan to have the trailer loaded with my 3D printers and CNC routers, so that I can create and make anywhere I go. The second cargo truck is not running and was an accidental purchase as I was the only bid....it may turn into a parts vehicle to support the main project. Still working out the details.

I look forward to this journey and I hope to meet some of you along the way. Any advice or encouragement is kindly welcomed.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to town Brother! Glad you are posting. Folks around here are pretty fair if I must say so. All your stuff looks great. If you decide to reassemble the cargo truck, member Wheelspinner is in NC and has a few LMTV parts trucks (piles). LOL

CaptNautiJay

Welcome! I think I was watching those trucks you purchased. Where those in Florida? I am in the Panhandle area. Just waiting to find the perfect LMTV for me at the same time I have cash for it. 😂

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that you are out in the open, I will be watching your trailer project. Sounds interesting! Glad to see you getting involved...

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello friends, my name is Josh Dotson. I have been lurking around here for about 5 years now and have never made a post. I posted over on the LMTV Facebook group and wanted to post here as well. I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that is active here. There is a tremendous amount of knowledge shared here and I'm blessed to be apart of it.

Now to show off my toys and share a little bit about myself. I recently purchased a M1088 and M1083. I'm still waiting for the trucks to be released. But I have already received my Tobyhanna AN/ASM-189E Van Trailer.
😬

My plans are to use the M1088 and van trailer to create a mobile maker space/camper. I plan to have the trailer loaded with my 3D printers and CNC routers, so that I can create and make anywhere I go. The second cargo truck is not running and was an accidental purchase as I was the only bid....it may turn into a parts vehicle to support the main project. Still working out the details.

I look forward to this journey and I hope to meet some of you along the way. Any advice or encouragement is kindly welcomed.
Welcome aboard, Josh! We're glad you're here!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks