• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

**Florida Richloam MV Rally**

storeman

Is there a schedule for the Saturday events. Since I'm only coming up for part of the day need to know what time to get there.

7MM If someone else doesn't post the events I will post them up later on this afternoon when I get to the rally site, I Will be leaving my house in about a hour. I'm running a little behind this morning.

Any word on Saturday schedule? Am thinking of driving up for e few hours.
Jerry:grin:

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it took me the last two days of fighting paperwork but I just got back from DMV with Florida plates for my semi truck. I was trying to get the plates so I could drive it up to the Richloam area Saturday.The bummer is I still have a couple of items to take care of and when I was driving it yesterday to get the VIN verified I discovered the alternator was not working. The alt felt pretty warm so I think it might be a diode. So I'm throwing in the towel on this one and just going to drive the Durango instead. She's not an MV anyway so I know no ones going to miss it.

Can't wait till the morning to head on out. Looking forward to meeting you guys again.

Ruppster

Ruppster

Member of questionable origins
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I WAS NOT STUCK...........in that particular hole.

Correct, but you sure were in the mud hole in the two videos at the links below. :lol: Warning, they are not small files. The first mpeg is 27 megs and is 21 seconds long. The second video is 82 megs and 62 seconds in duration.

http://www.atc-m.us/Feb_2011_Richloam/Pete_meets_mudhole_01.mpg

http://www.atc-m.us/Feb_2011_Richloam/Pete_meets_mudhole_02.mpg

Anyhow, here are a couple of pics to set the scene. The NDT's on Ricks 6x6 were not up to the task of the mud hole in pic #2. So Pete came to the rescue and pulled Rick's truck out (pic #1). After Rick went around the mud hole Pete gave it a try. And the videos show how much success he had. To add insult to injury when Rick tried to circle around and get to the other side of Pete to pull him out Rick got stuck in a different mud hole. This one had some really deep ruts and I think the diffs were dragging in the mud in the process. So a third truck had to step in and pull Rick out of mud hole #2, then went on to rescue Pete. :)

On a different note I had a great time on the trails with everyone this afternoon. Rick, thanks again for letting me bum a ride in the back of your truck. Had a lot of fun ducking branches. It was nice to meet some new faces too and I got a good laugh every time someone asked me if I was the guy with the semi truck in my avatar. And a big [thumbzup] to all those that put together another great weekend at Richloam. Thanks for all the hard work that you guys put in to it. Can't wait for the next one. With any luck I will have my new toy ready to be driven on the trails by then.

Attachments

SixSpeed

Banned
Made a multimedia thread:

[media]http://www.atc-m.us/Feb_2011_Richloam/Pete_meets_mudhole_02.mpg[/media]

Maybe the mods can move the few posts here to there!

FM5332FF

The rally was a great time, Sorry I didn't get back with the info for Saturday, My Phone was acting up. Everything went great, I would like to thank everyone for a good time. Vinny, Tim, and Family Thanks for making this event happen. Walter thanks for the great food all weekend. Vinny tell your dad the lasagna was amazing. I look forward to the next event out at Richloam. I will for sure have the Mog out and ready to play by then. fat lady sings

Boss Doug

Sorry Vinny, I almost forgot. Vinnys truck was the best truck out there and it was never stuck once!! What a minuet that’s not what he wanted me to say, oh that’s right! Vinnys truck is the best looking truck and never got stuck and got through all the trails without getting stuck once! [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks