• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida road trip to OH, Haspin, IN and back to FL

3dAngus

I called. Phil made contact with SEToyota and is trying to work something out with him. Little I can do but offer transportation somewhere in my pickup as I don't have a deuce right now to tow him. Gave him my numbers in case, but he says he is waiting on SEToyota who will probably be giving him a tow to his house. We are both only 15 minutes away.

He says his transmission "popped" in neutral. Wants to get with the Chevy dealer tomorrow.
I'm on call as a backup.

3dAngus

Update:

Well, Phil said he was OK and all when I called, but I felt uncomfortable about it so I went anyway and checked it all out. He doesn't know if it's his transfer case or transmission, but it keeps popping out of gear in high. He is able to put it in low, and there is no grinding noise and it sticks in gear, but its 20 miles per hour tops. I took him to lunch in town while he mulled it over what he wanted to do. He thought he might chance it and drive to Mikes in S.C. and I suggested we try it a few miles first with me chasing and flashers on. It didn't make it out of the parking lot when he had to put it back in low and we drove the five miles or so to SEToyotas place and he unhooked the trailer. SEToyota is going to tow him a couple of towns over to the Chevy place tonight after his Father's Day dinner with family. Not sure if I will drive him to the Chevy dealership or Chuck will tomorrow, but he's in good hands all considering. Don't expect him tonight. Not going to happen, Tomorrow, with repairs and parts needed, is iffy, but he'll keep in touch with you Mike and let you know his modified schedule. Not sure if he is going to use my spare bedroom or camp out in SEToyota's yard with his trailer, but he has a place to stay.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, since I'm officially retired, I can be here both Monday and Tuesday if need be. Have ya'll checked the fluids? Auto transmissions don't like to work unless they are full of ATF. Just a thought!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1999 K3500.

If he would have picked up my CUCV-II in Des Moines, he would have had a spare with him....lol

I happen to have a spare unit at Barrman's house in TX. I don't know if he is back from his Scouting trip to Colorado yet.

Last edited:

3dAngus

And thats a fantastic job there Mike. Great research. While I was looking this up, he was on the phone, and the Chevy dealership found him one. Looks like it might be in tomorrow, but we're not sure. Thanks guys!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome job guys on helping out Phil, that poor CUCVII has been to He!! and Back with these road trips.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are we still drinking coffee Phil and Dell, time to get to work? What is the status on the repairs?

Inquiring minds want to know. Details Gentlemen, Details :)

Phil needs to get
:driver:

Stonepicker1

Are we still drinking coffee Phil and Dell, time to get to work? What is the status on the repairs?

Inquiring minds want to know. Details Gentlemen, Details :)

Phil needs to get
:driver:
Just called the Chevrolet Dealer....truck will be fixed Thursday morning.

I asked about keeping the old Transfer Case....it has a core charge of $600.
That would put the total cost to around $2500 with keeping the core.

Not sure if I should spend the extra $600 to keep the old Transfer Case and rebuild it for a spare.

They are telling me that none are out there.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great news on the repair. Highway robbery on the Core Charge. Sounds like it is time for some good old internet research to find a spare on your own.

I am curious, how many miles on this truck now?