• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida to Missouri, M923 pickup

Green_gator

I am swinging by POPACOM's place in early February and then out to Colorado and then back to Tampa. Depending upon how big and heavy your gear is I may be able to help out.

Stonepicker1

I am swinging by POPACOM's place in early February and then out to Colorado and then back to Tampa. Depending upon how big and heavy your gear is I may be able to help out.
Thanks for the offer. I'm looking at one of popacom's 5 ton BOW and COVER KITS.
Still looking for a "like new" set of troop seats for a 5 ton, 14 foot drop side bed. I was hoping to be able to pick-up a set during this road trip.

Stonepicker1

It looks like I will be starting the road trip on Monday. Planning on my son and I driving the CUCV-II. without a trailer. Unless someone needs something hauled or picked-up. I listed some items in the "classified Ads" for sale. I could put them on a trailer and bring them with me.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Phil, I assume you won't be coming through MD, but, if you do, please know that I am here to help (or if you need a place to stay, a hot meal or shower).

Stonepicker1

Looks like I will be taking my 20ft Gooseneck trailer after all. Might be picking up a duece bed in St. Augustine, FL and taking it to Troy, MO. If anyone has something that needs moved from MO south let me know.

rrrr

Looks like I will be taking my 20ft Gooseneck trailer after all. Might be picking up a duece bed in St. Augustine, FL and taking it to Troy, MO. If anyone has something that needs moved from MO south let me know.
PM sent with the info !

Hope this works out, thanks Phil !!

Stonepicker1

Phil, I assume you won't be coming through MD, but, if you do, please know that I am here to help (or if you need a place to stay, a hot meal or shower).
Thanks Bruce,
I am looking at something in VA. Driving that 5ton over there will put a big hole in my pocket on fuel cost. I could say I had to see my daugther in Rockville,,MD:)

SGT LongT

Top I have a feeling that your yard is more OD Green than grass. I'm going to have to check your place out before the city try and runs you out :beer:

Stonepicker1

Top I have a feeling that your yard is more OD Green than grass. I'm going to have to check your place out before the city try and runs you out :beer:
HaHa, yes, I have had the code Inforcement officer stopping at my house all the time. Apparently one of my neighbors don't like MV's. I had my Gooseneck Trailer parked in the swale over night and code lady showed up the next morning. She said I couldn't have that trailer in this neighborhood. So I parked it behind the fence on the side of the house.:) out of sight, out of mind. Next to all my OD Green stuff.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was out bid on the one's I wanted at Shelby so I put a low bid of $3,600.00 in the last 1/2 hour of the sale on this one and walked away. Thought it would go higher but it didn't. Got an email saying I won:shock:. So now its mine.
Beautiful truck, and a great price!

Take some extra brake chamber pancakes with you; # 12 and #16. Available at NAPA.
So is this something that should be carried in the truck, or on any long trip? Evidently a common point of failure, but first ~I had heard of it.

Thanks!

Stonepicker1

Sometime they leak, the rubber is old.
Most people will replace the hole chamber($75 to $125ea)( a lot safer if you don't know what your doing) instead of taking it apart and replacing the pancake($5ea)
I will check mine and if they are bad I'll replace all the pancakes.

SPCWarning

Nice truck and NICE price! That thing looks like it just got delivered to its first unit!!
I'll be at work (of course, that seems to be all I do) BUT if I were home I'd definitely be avialable around Meridian, MS and would gladly find you along the way if you needed help. I do have family and friends closeby anyway if there's a problem so I'll be watching this thread in case we can help.
My brother has a service truck and pretty much all the tools one could need and the experience to go with it, and I think he'll be home. Just letting you know.

Jimmy

Stonepicker1

Getting the gooseneck trailer ready along with other recovery items that I might need. I'll post pictures later.

Looks like I will be coming back empty with the gooseneck and the 5ton cargo from MO and KY. If someone needs a trailer pulled(by the 5ton) or anything hauled(5ton or gooseneck) south or south east let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks