• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Florida Yards?

Bill W

I stopped by Hawhthornes once, acres of mil trucks AND he is very proud of them $$$. If you do go there bring hip boots as Mr Hawthorne can really sling the Bull. Theres also Parramore Surplus up in the panhandle ( Mount Pleasant ), good prices

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I have had great experiences with both matt & ODIRON

I think matt sells under the name "green gem surplus" on ebay

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, Hawthorne the Sr has passed so Mike is running the show now. I don't know what that did to pricing but he's the decider now. I did buy my M108 from them.

sak00

Yea, I bought a door, cargo cover and soft top from Matt (Green Gem). I thought he was reasonable and service was great. Spent a couple of hours BS ing and learned alot.

Bill W

"he got smart and bailed outta here about a year ago!"

I bailed 2 years ago after living there for 41 years!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went by Hawthorne's thursday (no pic's though). They have scrapped 3.5 million pounds of iron in the last 7 months. It was mostly older M211's and 135's and the like. Prices were greatly reduced from when senior was pricing. Seemed like a good selection and he was not scrapping anything rare yet. Had several wreckers, 8x8 :shock: , multiple dozers, and generators everywhere. Let me roam around for an hour or so till we had to go.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spoke with Matt tonight. He has one really nice water buffalo fender, nice front clip for a deuce and everything to add a winch except the winch itself and the pto data plate. Anyone needs this stuff, shout at him. He also mentioned having a nice non dropside bed.

Cooltex24

RE: Re: RE: Florida Yards?

Hey guys, I am heading that way first weekend in April, if anyone wants to come along and look, probably sunday the 6th I will have time to stop on my way back from Tampa. Got to pick up a OA331 in Ocala, so if anyone will let me know where some of these things are, I would love to stop by. Thanks.
Scott