• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU-419 Hydraulic Tools Not Working

kminer

Anyone know of a trouble shooting guide for the FLU-419 hydraulic tools? Can't get fluid to the coupling hoses.

Observations:
  • Loader and RPM switch on the back both work properly
  • Both hydraulic fluid tanks are full
  • Pressure is fine
  • Tool Switch is properly wired.
  • Front hydraulic pump appears to be working properly
  • Am not sure whether fluid is getting to the oil cooler either, but the fans do work
Any suggestions, manuals, etc....?

Many thanks,

K.M.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You say that the tool switch is properly wired. Have you checked to make certain that the tool switch is functional? If the tool switch is functional the next thing to check is whether the hydraulic tool solenoid is hooked up properly and is functional. Do you have copies of the electrical schematic and the handout? The wiring and hydraulic circuits are shown in the handout. I've attached copies if you don't have them. The handout is particularly useful for an issue like you are having. I had a copy of the electrical schematic printed out on a 'C' size drawing and had it laminated for easy viewing.

Attachments

Speedwoble

I had a time that my tool switch was dirty and did not work. I switched the wires for the loader valve behind the cab with the hydraulic tool valve. Left a wrench wedged against the loader switch and was able to verify tool operation. You could also have “soldier B” hold the switch. Since you know the loader switch works, you know the power and wiring for it are good and the front pump is good. If switching the loader wires to the tool valve doesn’t work, then it is a valve issue.

kminer

Anyone know of a trouble shooting guide for the FLU-419 hydraulic tools? Can't get fluid to the coupling hoses.

Observations:
  • Loader and RPM switch on the back both work properly
  • Both hydraulic fluid tanks are full
  • Pressure is fine
  • Tool Switch is properly wired.
  • Front hydraulic pump appears to be working properly
  • Am not sure whether fluid is getting to the oil cooler either, but the fans do work
Any suggestions, manuals, etc....?

Many thanks,

K.M.
Thanks for the info-- greatly appreciated.

Will let you know how it goes.

peakbagger

That gremlin popped up on mine. I have not chased it down yet. Remote loader switch works, work lights work but remote high idle and tool solenoid does not. It may be two separate issues but suspicious.

FYI problems with the rear switches are a known issue with a suggested fix. There is service bulletin on this problem. There is collection of these bulletins at this location

#38 has the recommended fix. While you are at it you may want to review the other ones in case your SEE did not get the fixes. My guess is the reconditioned ones (AKA Recapped) should have the fixes. Note, some like this one #38 has multiple issues covered.

The remote tool system is also covered in the electrical diagnostic section of the technical manuals.

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That gremlin popped up on mine. I have not chased it down yet. Remote loader switch works, work lights work but remote high idle and tool solenoid does not. It may be two separate issues but suspicious.

FYI problems with the rear switches are a known issue with a suggested fix. There is service bulletin on this problem. There is collection of these bulletins at this location

#38 has the recommended fix. While you are at it you may want to review the other ones in case your SEE did not get the fixes. My guess is the reconditioned ones (AKA Recapped) should have the fixes. Note, some like this one #38 has multiple issues covered.

The remote tool system is also covered in the electrical diagnostic section of the technical manuals.
Your link is dead.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 21 gallon tank has a filter P/N HC2124FUN8H, NSN 4330-01-224-5508
The 11 gallon tank has a strainer P/N SS100-8N, NSN 4730-01-097-8684

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks