• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Fire Extinguisher

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to the TMs, each FLU419 is supposed to have a 2-1/2 Lb 5-BC fire extinguisher mounted between the seats. My SEE does not have an extinguisher and I see no evidence where my SEE has ever had an extinguisher mounted. I'm assuming the extinguisher is supposed to be mounted on the rear cab wall between the seats since there is minimal space for mounting an extinguisher anywhere else between the seats. Has anyone received a SEE that has an extinguisher mounted? If so, where was it mounted?

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I think I'll put mine on the cab wall. It would be more out of the way in that location. My SEE doesn't have any mounting holes on either the cab wall or the engine cover so I don't think it ever had an extinguisher mounted.

Speedwoble

Mine was horizontal on the back wall, held on with 8 bolts. The straps were too short for a commercial fire extinguisher, so I lengthened them to fit a 10? Lb kidde.

Guyfang

Staff member
I can not remember ever seeing a fire extinguisher mount in a CEE. Then again, most of the CEE I fooled with, had just came back from Down Range. Most were trashed. In the OVM box, yeah. Even mounted to the outside of the truck body. But in the cab, no. I would guess, every major command would dictate where it went. I spent a lifetime in the 32nd AADCOM, and they told us where to mount the Fire extinguisher and the DECON stuff, where to mount the CAMMO crap, everything. And it was not the same as say the 82nd Engineer BN.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got around to mounting the fire extinguisher in my SEE. I mounted it on the rear cabin wall where the TM specified. The TM specified a 3 Lb Purple K, but I installed a 5 Lb Buckeye ABC extinguisher. I may swap it out for a CO-2 in the future because the ABC powder can make a real mess to clean up. The photo makes it look like the mounting interferes with the shifters, but it doesn't. I've had three vehicle fires over the years and I don't like operating without an extinguisher.

Fire Extinguisher.JPG

Speedwoble

Mine was horizontal on the back wall, held on with 8 bolts. The straps were too short for a commercial fire extinguisher, so I lengthened them to fit a 10? Lb kidde.
Here is my Kidde ABC with a 5lb5oz charge. The bracket came with the truck, but I had to adjust the band length to fit this extinguisher.F6CC741D-27BA-41B5-B7CE-7C2244510664.jpeg564EC6F2-A4E9-47DD-BE43-56CF3132C058.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks