• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 SEE HMMH HME Owners group

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Thank you, good info.
11.00-20s will fit and bead up as well. These are 12.00 michelin XMLs below. But they do rub the sway bar.

You can also find 11.00 XZLs

Some SEEs came with 365 80 20s. They are out there
123_1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a plan to me. I told you I was going to come for a visit to get SEE operational training some time. I will even supply the cooler of refreshments.
You better not wait too much longer. I'm getting closer to having most of the SEE related stuff done. Of course, the actual operational part, which you may be most interested in, is about to start soon. Hopefully next week.
In an ideal world, your visit would coincide with having someone here who knows what they're doing when operating a SEE. I'll ask around.

Migginsbros

What brake fluid should be used in the FLU419 for a complete flush and replacement? I thought DOT 5 but reading about the problems people had with this stuff I am beginning to wonder.
We use dot5 silicon in our See and in other vehicles.

Don´t mix up with dot4 or dot 5.1 glycol based. this will cause damage.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm happy to report that the SEE's bad visibility and heavier steering is at least partially restored.DSCN0555[1].jpg

Used the crane to remove, move, and install the blade...and had to use the front suspension's lockout system to compress the front suspension. Otherwise the outriggers wouldn't quite clear the ground.DSCN0548[1].jpg

Apparently Schmidt didn't use the same jig for all the implements. Had to pry and push a bit to make the bolts line up with the holes.DSCN0551[1].jpg

Fewer Zerk fittings than on the loader, and only a 50 hour requirement, so this was a win win swap. Put anti seize on the bolts, then a big blob of grease into the void on top. That should make removal easier next time.
As an added bonus, now the e-brake isn't as essential again. Set the blade down, done. Except that I need to re-plumb the hoses. As it is, the blade goes down when the lever is pulled up, something I'd hopefully never get used to.DSCN0556[1].jpg

Ahab: 86/28 today. Start packing.

Alpine44: Yes, the FLUs came with DOT 5.

911joeblow

Guys I thought I would offer up my rear auger set-up for FLU419s. If you guys recall I got it all working but my soil was just too rocky being an old river bed. So what I have is the OEM bracket sold to the Army and two new hoses to attach to the auger and the bucket feed lines in the middle of the boom. I have $650 in this stuff. If you want it let me know and we can work up a fair number for it. By the way it looks like you can use nearly any skid steer auger and not just the LOWE I rented.

Here is what it looks like again...

IMG_20170524_142520.jpg

Last edited:

Migginsbros

Thanks. Were the SEEs originally issued/fielded with Dot 5 (I am unable to take a sample of my SEE right now)?
Yes, original filled with DOT5 Silicon brake fluid. The US forces use this fluid because it is not hygroscopic like glycol based DOT4+3.
It good for long time storage off the vehicles.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I didn't realize you had gotten the dozer attachment off the trencher. Definitely a nice acquisition.
Almost ready to start pushing dirt now. Need to drill out the holes (don't laugh, I drilled two so far and it's a bi*#c) on the snow pusher to accept standard cutting edge bolts, then cut and weld two short Cat cutting edges to get the correct length and bolt spacing.
Between the dozer blade and the modified snow pusher, I should be able to create a small mountain out of hundreds of mole hills, which can then be exported and "put in storage".
In reality, the mole hills are prairie dog living quarters, and initially I'll probably be pushing cows out of the way first, then the dirt.

General Hood

I'm happy to report that the SEE's bad visibility and heavier steering is at least partially restored.View attachment 690746

Used the crane to remove, move, and install the blade...and had to use the front suspension's lockout system to compress the front suspension. Otherwise the outriggers wouldn't quite clear the ground.View attachment 690749

Apparently Schmidt didn't use the same jig for all the implements. Had to pry and push a bit to make the bolts line up with the holes.View attachment 690750

Fewer Zerk fittings than on the loader, and only a 50 hour requirement, so this was a win win swap. Put anti seize on the bolts, then a big blob of grease into the void on top. That should make removal easier next time.
As an added bonus, now the e-brake isn't as essential again. Set the blade down, done. Except that I need to re-plumb the hoses. As it is, the blade goes down when the lever is pulled up, something I'd hopefully never get used to.View attachment 690753

Ahab: 86/28 today. Start packing.

Alpine44: Yes, the FLUs came with DOT 5.
The hood and blade make for a new 3 color camo pattern :-D. Nice set up BTW

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hood and blade make for a new 3 color camo pattern :-D. Nice set up BTW
It'll be a different 3-color pattern soon. I've started on that very poorly made and ill fitting fiberglass hood I bought a while back. First I need to decide on what to use for "mini scoops", to make room for the two things that won't fit under the hood. Yes, I had to cut two holes in the hood to make it lay down in place.
What color it ends up being depends on what spray can I grab. I hate working with fiberglass, so it may end up pink.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks