• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419 Transmission fluid low

319cssb

I started to go through some of the checklist items and I noticed the transmission was low by 5 1/4 qt just about. Today I checked the front diff and it was overfilled by about 3 qt. I also found that the front air rubber lines are leaking . So I got to replace those tomorrow.
Is there a correlation between the lack of fluid in the transmission and the overfilled differential? Like something in the transmission leaking and pushing fluid through air lines into the differential?

INFChief

I started to go through some of the checklist items and I noticed the transmission was low by 5 1/4 qt just about. Today I checked the front diff and it was overfilled by about 3 qt. I also found that the front air rubber lines are leaking . So I got to replace those tomorrow.
Is there a correlation between the lack of fluid in the transmission and the overfilled differential? Like something in the transmission leaking and pushing fluid through air lines into the differential?
What kind of vehicle/equipment? Suggestion: if you changed the post title you might get better attention.

I can’t see any relationship except that someone had a gassy brain emission and put oil in the wrong component. Once we know the equivalent that might make a difference.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
What kind of vehicle/equipment? Suggestion: if you changed the post title you might get better attention.

I can’t see any relationship except that someone had a gassy brain emission and put oil in the wrong component. Once we know the equivalent that might make a difference.
The FLU really is the equipment in question...

FLU loader @ The Farm.jpg

319cssb

So how much is involved in replacing the front output seal of the transmission?
The way I envision this task, it will be a major pain in the dick.
Front axle come down torque tube , driveshaft, output shaft out. I will probably involve all sorts of specialized pullers and what not…
Or it’s all easy piesy… but I am leaning more towards option one.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks