• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FLU419

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased and received my FLU419 instantly noticed an air leak from behind the gauge on the dash. So my question is how to you access behind the dash to repair said leak?
Thank you all for your time!
Welcome to the Outfit!

Happy to hear that you have a new-to-you "Flusey" too. Snap up some pictures and post them up for us to admire. We love pictures!

Finding your leak may be a challenge. If you have shop air or an air compressor that you can connect to the truck, it makes it quieter to hunt for the source. Regulated down to about 120# max is the best plan. Don't know how long it may have been sitting before you got it. Could be that a few shots of Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO) could limber up the o-rings in things that control air in the truck. If it seems to be really hissing hard, it could be a split in an airline. Generally feeling around with a hand is a good starting place...

Last edited:

Pernal78

Could the leak be coming from the brake booster ?
Welcome aboard. Did you buy one of the trucks from RRAD in Texas?
The more i looked into the leak, the more it sounds like from the brake pedal area. Any suggestions on how to disassemble or do I need to get under the hood? Still have not got the hood off. Guessing the tool did not come with the truck.
I bought her from C&C Equipment

319cssb

The more i looked into the leak, the more it sounds like from the brake pedal area. Any suggestions on how to disassemble or do I need to get under the hood? Still have not got the hood off. Guessing the tool did not come with the truck.
You definitely need to get under the hood.
One of the Unimog parts suppliers sells them for a premium

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Another idea - rather than spending $37.10 plus shipping is to get a piece of square steel OR a square socket that fits the hole. The square steel can be bent to that "L" shape so you have one in your truck.

The Parts TM is here for download (free) and the part in question shows up on PDF Page #28 and #29 (0199 00 in the top right corner)

TM5-2420-224-24p-2-30-nov-2001
PFOZZ 5120-01-235-2605 64678 435 581 00 02 .WRENCH,DRAIN PLUG

1648940498824.png

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you looked everywhere for the wrench? I thought my FLU419 came without the wrench as well and found it under the drivers seat in the corner of the box. Mullaney's idea will work great for the hood, but you also need the other end of the wrench for the battery box. If you can't find yours, I would go ahead and order one from EI and use USPS for shipping to minimize shipping cost.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Have you looked everywhere for the wrench? I thought my FLU419 came without the wrench as well and found it under the drivers seat in the corner of the box. Mullaney's idea will work great for the hood, but you also need the other end of the wrench for the battery box. If you can't find yours, I would go ahead and order one from EI and use USPS for shipping to minimize shipping cost.
Could be too that having a picture of what you are missing will help...
Maybe a little rust or dirt on it has it hidden from normal view too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks