• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fluids for HMMWV

SgtJay88

Hey all. I just purchased a 2000 M1045A2. Doing some of the basic stuff with a new vehicle, and a complete fluid and filter change is probably due. What fluids do yall use for everything? I have the TM specs but the main one I'm having trouble finding/choosing is transfer case fluid. Thanks!IMG_9938.jpg441175029_465195622853063_1270560073306543171_n.jpg

Pstyckiewicz

If you are doing the hubs I would open the inspection cover and try to clean out any sludge that has built up. I replaced the gear oil and shortly after had to do a seal. I drained the new gear oil and it was all discolored from the sludge on the bottom.

Thunderbirds

Did i read this right? Dexron VI instead of Dexron III?
Apparently DEX VI is backwards compatible with II and III, meaning you can use VI instead, but not the other way around. But I will keep using DEX III if I can find it.

Dexron VI replaced Dexron II and III, and can be used in General Motors domestically built or import transmissions that specified Dexron II or Dexron III. Dexron VI is a low viscosity transmission fluid and should also be used with the full synthetic low viscosity transmission fluid.

Found here:

frauhansen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
thx... I was afraid I had missed something. And suspected the Dexron III vs. ATF+4 situation that arose at MOPAR at the turn of the millennium.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks