• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fly-in car show plainville CT

seabeeut

Sunday the first for a good cause don't know how many MV's but one of the organizers asked if I would bring the truck.
He said they have choppers flying in and some old cars so if your in the area
stop by.

Attachments

WarrenD

I'm planning on being there with the M37GT. Would be great to get a good number of MVs to show!

seabeeut

I'll make a call tomorrow and see if I can get a five ton to add to the list.
let me know where you want to meet I am in Berlin

WarrenD

I'll be running 372 from Cromwell to Rt 10 N. We could all meet at the CVS parking lot at the intersection of Rt 372 and Rt 10, or line -up off to the side of the road on rt 10 just north of the junction under the bridge.
0730 meet for a departure to the airport at 0745?

WarrenD

FWIW, a few of the COMVEC folks are going to meet at the K-Mart (presumably the Cromwell one) at 9am and convoy from there.
I prefer to travel early, less traffic to deal with, so I plan on being at the airport by 0800.

seabeeut

FWIW, a few of the COMVEC folks are going to meet at the K-Mart (presumably the Cromwell one) at 9am and convoy from there.
I prefer to travel early, less traffic to deal with, so I plan on being at the airport by 0800.
I like your plan better spoke to some folks putting the show together and they are expecting a large crowd. So early is the better choice.
I will be under the bridge waiting for you at 07:30
Just got my parking brake put back together and new seat covers.

WarrenD

Great, sounds like a plan. Anyone else???[thumbzup]

If anyone else wants to meet us and convoy in, please let me know as otherwise if all of us are there, we might leave early.

Last edited:

seabeeut

I may be out for sunday
was greasing the truck and saw a stain on the fuel tank wiped with a rag
and what was a drip is now a leak!! aua
I have most of the fuel pumped out into cans does anyone have a tank
or know of a shop that could repair this tank on Saterday so I can make the show sunday

Ok tank empty sanded the spot more pin holes so it looks like a new tank anyone know of one close

Last edited:

WarrenD

Too bad. I'd post your request as a new thread and call Dave to see if he has a spare or knows of one. I'd bet John Tennis has one, but you'd spend the better part of a day on the road to get it.

seabeeut

well called around and ordered a brand new tank from saturn
little more cost but no sense dealing with used and rust.
Sorry to miss riding with you guys if you hear of any events keep me in mind.

WarrenD

You are often better off doing things right and missing an event or two. Next big one is the Time Machines show in Guilford on 7/22/12. This year the featured vehicles are trucks, including MVs. I started a thread here a week or two back, but it won't let me cut and paste the link. Guilford Fairgrounds, 8-3. It's usually a good show, with good weather and trucks, this year could be great!

seabeeut

You are often better off doing things right and missing an event or two. Next big one is the Time Machines show in Guilford on 7/22/12. This year the featured vehicles are trucks, including MVs. I started a thread here a week or two back, but it won't let me cut and paste the link. Guilford Fairgrounds, 8-3. It's usually a good show, with good weather and trucks, this year could be great!
Sounds good I'll touch base with you when it gets closer maybe we can ride down together.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks