• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

flywheel housing bolt missing?

treysoucie

well i took the deuce to surfside this weekend and when i woke up this morning back in houston i went looking for leaks or anything of the sort. well i found a hole where a screw or cap used to be. anyone know what the purpose is? also im getting a slight drip a little further down the tranny housing now.

Attachments

91W350

You move the plug in the lower part of your photo to that open hole when fording deep water. Otherwise it should be open to allow transmission lube to drain, or engine oil should one or the other leak into the housing. Glen

hoop

And there is a 1/4" plug on the side of the bellhousing for the vent. And it comes in handy, if for some reason you blow an air line going to your air gauge.:roll:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am not sure but I think the -10 may also have something to say about this hole

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the -10 has the info and it has been discussed plenty of times. Yet another case of RTM....Oh wait, nobody can 'CAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THEM HERE!!!!

And everyone wonders why these questions keep getting asked over and over :roll:

hdmax

If these questions weren't asked over, and over how would some of you get your post count into the thousands? You would have to sit on the side line instead of having something to bit(h about.

I think everyone knows that the search part of this site needs work, maybe the OP searched, maybe they didn't. But there are at least a 2 to 1 ratio of wasted post telling others to search, or it has been asked before than the repeat questions.
Maybe it's because we all need to feel as if we are better then others from time to time.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If these questions weren't asked over, and over how would some of you get your post count into the thousands? You would have to sit on the side line instead of having something to bit(h about.

I think everyone knows that the search part of this site needs work, maybe the OP searched, maybe they didn't. But there are at least a 2 to 1 ratio of wasted post telling others to search, or it has been asked before than the repeat questions.
Maybe it's because we all need to feel as if we are better then others from time to time.
I disagree, threads like this ARE wasted space when just reading the TMs ( which ALL MV owners should have) would answer the question, NO need for "search", no need for "READ the TM", ect..

I would rather answer the question "I have a problem, I have the TMs but can't find it, where should I look" this is a MVer that wants to find and fix the problem, just needs a little guidance, we all have been there.

the OP is NOT new, his join date is MAY 2010, before the old TMs section went down..

With the TM section down, i don't mind answering where can I find the TMs though search will give the same answer, In fact there should be a sticky on top of the forum in the notices showing where to get the TMS