• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Dash Dimmer Behavior

aleigh

So on my LMTV if the lighting is all off (I have the digital keypad even though it is an A0) my Allison panel is bright and readable. If I turn on any of the lights, including just the stoplight configuration, the Allison dims out what I presume is "night" mode. This is not the end of the world but it's a bit annoying since it makes the screen nearly unreadable in daylight.

I was wondering if this is "normal". I would have expected/preferred the dimming to be actuated by the panel lighting, not the outside lights. In other words I would have wanted the Allison to go dim when the panel lights are turned on. Seeing as how I only turn those on at night. I looked in the TM but it was not illuminating about what is supposed to happen... ha ha.