• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV / LMTV top on M35

sermis

I got my new / almost new top, thanks Builder77. I got it on my new truck. I have the metal uprights and bows that are about 13" taller than a deuce. I cut 3 " off each upright. The top looks good. I might need to add some pipe or flat stock to help mount the top in the stock location of the FMTV but I think it looks and works good for now.

Attachments

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Glad to see that is worked out so well. It actually appears to fit fairly well. I know the LMTV has a more flat top then the bowed M35. That does not appear to be anything that can't be worked around. Like you were saying too you can stand upright with is a very nice thing.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tubular bows with a 45 degree shoulder and they come to a very shallow peak on top (almost flat, but not quite). The attached picture should show what I mean if it comes out with enough detail.

Cheers

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well, because of this thread, I picked up an FMTV top from Maddawg(great condtion, great price). Has anyone got a pic or dimensions of the frame work? How about a TM for the FMTV, would that have the info I am searching for?

sermis

I have a frame out back, FMTV or LMTV I can get some pic's or measurements.
I might could use another top.
I am using another frame on my truck, not sure what it is off of.
It uses 1 x 3 squsre tubing legs into the troop seat pockets and the same tubing
as bows. Curved on the corners and a slight peak on the top center.
Look at pic 007

Jakob

How much do those covers go for? I have to get new bows anyway and my cover has a big hole in it. I'd love to be able to stand up inside of the bed with the cover on!