• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV Transmission Replacement

h1x2

Hey Grant, I assure you I never knew the trans to be bad. I am not sure how you came to that conclusion. I did change the transmission fluid to Transynd along with filters and I did that because of the cold Chicago winters. I plowed snow with my M1078A1 and changing to Transynd was a little extra insurance. The last thing I want to do is make you feel like I screwed you. I messaged you to see how the drive home was and you said, "all good, it actually drives pretty nice." A week later you messaged that the trans was overheating and I thought maybe it had air in the system from the trans flushes. The longest trip I ever did with that truck was 100 miles and not once did the Trans overheat. I sent you my cell # in the middle of my move out of state and haven't heard anything. I am still here to help, hopefully the prognosis is good from Inland. Please call me if you need anything from me
PS I am running a locker in the rear axle of my LMTV. World of difference in the snow.

Hey Grant, I promise I never knew the trans to be bad in that truck! I am at a loss as how you came to that conclusion. I did change the transmission fluid to Transynd along with 3 flushes and new filters. I did this not because something was wrong. I did it on my M1078A1 3 years ago. Transynd is better for the cold Chicago winters and I noticed a difference snowplowing with my 1078 vs the 10W40 so I decided to do the M1089. I loved that wrecker and hated to see it go. I reached out to you to see how the drive home was. You said, "all good, it actually drives pretty nice." Then, a week later you reached out saying the trans was overheating. I said it could be an air pocket in the aux cooler and then offered my cell phone number since I was in the middle of a big move. I have yet to hear anything. The longest trip I took in that truck was probably 100 miles and not once did the Trans overheat. I am really curious what Inland has to say, I don't know how I could know the trans was bad when I never had any issues! They’re aren't alot of M1089A1's in civilian hands and this community is pretty small. I will do what I can to help, just let me know.
PS I have a locker in the rear of my 1078. It makes a world of difference in the snow.
Well my goal with this wasn’t a public rant. I wasn’t naming any names and not looking to cause issues. I just need the truck running because I sold one of my service trucks and now I’m in a bad spot.

I thought it was odd that someone would flush a trans with 7000 miles on it 3 times with Transynd given the high cost of it. But I thought maybe you just like to take good care of your vehicles and since you probably had good access to the trans fluid.

The fluid was bright red and clear when I bought it and within the week, it was black and burnt. I don’t have definitive proof that you knew about this but when the fluid was toast within a week, I started to put it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have purchased a lot of items from beltfed in the past year or so. I have always, except for one time, got exactly what I ordered. The exception was I received a NOS stock item and when it arrived is was damaged. I contacted him and sent pictures and he made it right without any issues. I would buy from him again if needed.
With that said, I won’t buy any used electronic or high priced items from anyone without some kind of guarantee or warranty.
I do everything to make contact and try to work it out before I do anything else.

everclimb9

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I truly am sorry you don't have a truck right now. Just for the record draining out the 15W40 in the trans and flushing 3 times with Transynd is standard for the conversion to ATF. I did this not because I was selling the truck, but because I thought I was going to be keeping it! (It was getting close to my moving date and I was going to be driving it to TN in June.) I lowered the price for you because with all the military vehicles I had to move that would have been one more trip. I am not here to argue with you but I'm at a loss on why you chose to indirectly throw me under the bus. It sucks when stuff breaks! I have a clear conscious and as a bonus that truck is worth way more than you paid for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks