• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMTV wheel locked

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The alcohol is used when you have frozen water in your lines and you cannot drive the truck. It isnt the best thing for the air brake system but it does get moisture cleared out.

Vintage iron

You can put a bit of air tools oil in the valves, but it sounds like the Original post was about one wheel locking up? You should follow the advice about freeing up the wheel, cleaning the drum as well. If that doesn't work the wedges will need to be cleaned and regreased.

800summit

Mine will lock up the front drivers side wheel, when it is in the teens if I engage the parking brake, I disconnect the air supply line to that brake, The brake will release, then I reconnect the air line, but it will stick again after 3-4 pumps of the brake, solution only drive the truck above 32f

snowtrac nome

Mine will lock up the front drivers side wheel, when it is in the teens if I engage the parking brake, I disconnect the air supply line to that brake, The brake will release, then I reconnect the air line, but it will stick again after 3-4 pumps of the brake, solution only drive the truck above 32f
that is a problem with your relay valve not a park brake issue sounds like the shuttle piston is sticky. it could be water in your system freezing also a common issue with prolonged use of alcohol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks