• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fmtv wheels ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While im on a roll with dumb questions can i put say a 11/24.5 commercial truck rims on my fmtv 10 bolt hub ive never herd if its possible or not if you were to get in a bad way with no spare maybe drop front driveshaft to gain 2 spares and just put the regular truck rims on the front to get home on ???

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought 22.5 was the common commercial size wheel.
The 22.5s got popular years back when they were trying to get every possible inch of freight in the newer trailers so smaller tires smaller wheels lower profile everything for more cargo space like with the length of trailers when the first 53 ft trailers hit the road it was just to haul empty plastic coke bottles and wil NEVER be used anywhere else lol and now thats all you see in freight trailers and they wernt going to be allowed on all the skinny roads yea rite !!!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
22.5s and 24.5s will fit on the LMTV/FMTVs in dual form on the rear and even dual on the front if you really wanted to do it or needed it

12R24.5s are equal to 395s in height. Not common but available. If you didn't want to run a skinny steer then a 445 65 22.5 on the steer makes it nice and wide at the same 46in height

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
22.5s and 24.5s will fit on the LMTV/FMTVs in dual form on the rear and even dual on the front if you really wanted to do it or needed it

12R24.5s are equal to 395s in height. Not common but available. If you didn't want to run a skinny steer then a 445 65 22.5 on the steer makes it nice and wide at the same 46in height
Im just showin my age all the big trucks still had 24.5 when i got out of them for buses ! Im glad to know they fit so you can come home on 22s or 24s and now youve got me thinking what it would look like with the back of a 1083 dual out ??? I was hopeing to find a work around for just in case ! GOOD DEAL THANKS

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Oh and with these small studs are the trucks all small stud now (hub piloted) with the washers made to them or just some of them ?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Oh and with these small studs are the trucks all small stud now (hub piloted) with the washers made to them or just some of them ?
No they are the sma budd. 3/4"-16 stud. like the 5 tons use. You can put a budd thimble on them for duals. The larger stud for the ctis banjo uses a 7/8 thread pitch like the 915s and 920s run on their steer as well as older road trucks used.

The hub pilot pattern is close but not exactly . Threads are totally different than the m22 that hub pilots use. [The washer ones]

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No they are the sma budd. 3/4"-16 stud. like the 5 tons use. You can put a budd thimble on them for duals. The larger stud for the ctis banjo uses a 7/8 thread pitch like the 915s and 920s run on their steer as well as older road trucks used.

The hub pilot pattern is close but not exactly . Threads are totally different than the m22 that hub pilots use. [The washer ones]
Ok good to know and back to the 11/24.5 so i could actually put one in any of the postions on the truck without pulling axles or shafts the tire height is close enough to bolt it on and run it ????

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When i got away from truck world the hubs had small studs you put the inside on then screwed another stud to hold onto the small stud then put the outside on and put the big hole 1 1/2 inch nut on the inner stud to hold them all together ! I have no idea what they use now im not around it anymore .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks