• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FMV Plate Bill Introduced in Illinois

saddamsnightmare

March 27th, 2013. :-D MaDeuce: I have the temporary plate for the Unimog. Mr. McGrath was sterling as he assisted me in paying for the plate with cash (all I had in the pocket right then, as I had forgotten the checkbook) and I will be receiving one of the new FMV plates when they are stamped out. I'm curious, did you folks work out with the state what the final design was to be, as I could never open the attached design drawings above? Thanks again for the great work! Now if we can only get the twice a year inspections or deuces and larger FMV's scrapped, as they don't require that in Texas! Have a good day!:driver:

Andercomm

Anyone have any updated information on when the Secretary of State is actually going to start manufacturing the FMV plate....? I applied for one back in December and have heard nothing since...?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck, I had to provide the information to my local DMV, they hadn't even heard of it, and the Sec. of State hadn't even given them an e-mail! Gotta love Illinois and it's ability to mess things up. My plates come due in June, so I wanted my local office to be prepared. They didn't at that time even have a picture of the plate on the "official" web site. Hmmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

God bless,
Tony

Flingarrows

They had lost my original application, but Mr. McGath pushed the 2nd app through the temp plates dept. The temp plate expires June 30th, so hopefully they will be ready by then.

ryan77

2012/2013 Law Update
for Law Enforcement

Illinois Secretary of State Police

Training
Section

Illinois Vehicle
Code

Former Military Vehicles Plates

ILCS
5/1
-
123.2 new

Effective Date:
07/13/12

Public Act:

-

Senate
Bill:

Synopsis:

Amends the Illinois Vehicle Code.

Defines "former military vehicle" as a vehicle or trailer,
regardless of size, weight, or year of manufacture, that was manufactured for use in any country's
military forces and is maintained to depict or represent military design or markings, and does no
t
include a vehicle used for any commercial or production agriculture purpose. Provides that the
owner of a former military vehicle may register the vehicle for a fee not to exceed $100 for a
vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,000 pounds or l
ess; $150 for a vehicle with a
gross vehicle weight rating of over 26,000 pounds; $25 for a trailer with a weight of 3,000 pounds
or less; or $75 for a trailer with a weight of over 3,000 pounds. Provides that the Secretary of
State may prescribe that form
er military vehicle plates be issued for a definite or an indefinite
term, such term to correspond to the term of registration plates issued generally as provided by
law. Provides that any person requesting former military vehicle plates may also apply to
have
vanity or personalized plates.
Provides that a vehicle may not be registered under the new
provisions unless a title for the vehicle has been issued by the Secretary and the vehicle is
eligible for registration without regard to its status as a milita
ry vehicle.

Excerpt from the Public Act
not necessary.

Off Highway Stamp,
Registration Fee Increase”

20 ILCS 862/26 new, 20 ILCS 862/28 new, 20 ILCS 862/30
new, 20 ILCS 862/32 new, 20 ILCS 862/34 new, 20 ILCS
862/36 new, 20 ILCS 862/38 new,
ILCS

5/3
-

Effective Date:
01/01/13

Public Act:

-

Senate

Bill:

Synopsis:

Amends the Recreational Trails of Illinois Act to provide that no person shall, on or after July 1,
2013, operate an off
-
highway vehicle without an Off
-
Highway Vehicle Us
age Stamp.

Amends the
Illinois Vehicle Code.

Provides that beginning with the 2014 registration year, an additional $2
surcharge

shall be collected for
vehicles
of the first division, motorcycles, motor driven cycles,
and pedalcycles to
be deposited into
the Park and Conservation Fund for the Department of
Natural Resources to use for conservation efforts.

Excerpt from the Public Act

(20 ILCS 862/28 new)

Sec. 28. Off
-
Highway Vehicle Usage Stamp display. The

Department shall issue to the off
-
highway vehicle operator an

Off
-
Highway Vehicle Usage Stamp in accordance with Section 26

of this Act. The owner shall prominently display the stamp on

the forward half of the off
-
highway vehicle.

wb9btz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I emailed Mr McGath today requesting an application form for FMV plates. Hopefully this will be smooth, fast an easy :popcorn:.

My H plates expire on 6/30 and I do not get the impression from this thread that anyone has received the actual plate yet -and it has been six or more months since the law, which required immediate implementation, was passed :roll: !!

ryan77

Well, I emailed Mr McGath today requesting an application form for FMV plates. Hopefully this will be smooth, fast an easy :popcorn:.

My H plates expire on 6/30 and I do not get the impression from this thread that anyone has received the actual plate yet -and it has been six or more months since the law, which required immediate implementation, was passed :roll: !!
You want results in government move to Texas!!! Lol!! I hope there out this year! Should be easy to make the plates they make all types for special event plates etc!!

Flingarrows

They will issue you a temporary plate.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

June 5th, 2013.I am awaiting my IL FMV plate...It should look quite odd to see a US star on a Swiss Army Unimog!:twisted: I have nothing to complain about Mr. McGrath and his assistance in getting my plate(s) underway, I just guess there are not enough platemakers in IL as we sent one of ours to CO!

Sir Vyvin

Applied for my plates 6 weeks ago, SOS hasn't even cashed my checks yet. Got my temp plate fast enuff though. Checked with I-EPA and emissions standards dont apply to truck this old (1993). Did have to get IDOT inspection and passed just fine. Insurance from state farm was $205.00 annual as an RV (Box fully converted)

Andercomm

If the new plates are not available when the temp plate expires, end of this month in my case, does anyone know if a local Sec of State office can issue a new temp plate?
If you e-mail Mr. Dan McGath at Dmcgath@ilsos.net and explain the situation, he can have a new 3-month Temporary Registration Plate ordered for you while you await arrival of the plates... Office of the Secretary of State- Vehicle Services Department, 217/558-6148

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks