• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG from AZ

CrimsonShadow

New guy from AZ here doing research on an odd M939 obsession that caught me this year. I've been a car and motorcycle guy most of my life. Right now I have a Mitsubishi Evo VIII running on E85 Ethanol and a Ducati Streetfighter. Both are a far cry from 5 ton juggernauts but as a fan of all things automotive and mechanical I guess it was inevitable I would seek this out. My father was huge into rock crawling, sand drags and mud bogging so I guess it is in my DNA to like serious off road vehicles. Thanks for all the great information so far!

PS: I'm sure my HOA would appreciate if someone could talk me out of a massive diesel military vehicle parked on my street. Then again they probably would have a tough time towing it...

agazza2

Just figure out a reasonable storage place close by and store it. Maybe even some members there have some land that you can store it when it is not being used. Not worth keeping it in a HOA neighborhood more than occasional overnights. The violation fees, are not worth the trouble. I bring mine home from the storage lot to work on it, clean it for events, and have no problems overnight. Most neighbors are interested in viewing it, but if it was there everyday I think there would be issues. Storage is reasonable enough to justify paying it just to own one of these vehicles. My storage space is enough for a tractor and 40' trailer, or 2 tractors.

chigger

I'm in Tucson with the same situation. I use an outdoor storage place for vehicles a few miles from my house. It is $37 per month. I have a gate code and swap out vehicles when I need. Most places will have limited hours you can access your vehicle. Try to find one that has good access hours or park at a friend's property. I lucked out with this place. They also let me do maintenance on the truck there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks