• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FNG from Virginia

MaverickH1

Those went over the crossmember to the rear of the transmission with the threaded portion pointing down. They likely held on some of the armor. I know of 3 M1123s that still had them on after demil, including mine.

Mine actually had a picture on the auction that showed them on the vehicle:

Capture.jpg

Lowmaks

Thanks, Mav! Also, thanks 1038a1! I was afraid it was something serious like a drivetrain component mounting bracket/brace. whew! I am still very new and ignorant about this series of truck. I'm lucky to have found you guys. Actually, I may have recruited someone yesterday. I ran into him (not literally) on my way to the gas station in the 1123. He said he's got an old 998 and had never heard of the forum!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks