• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fng from wyoming

rikinwyoming

Just wanted to introduce myself here. I am 41 years old and live in casper, wyoming. I don't own a military vehicle as of yet, but would love to get ahold of a m1008 cucv (that's the truck right). I have wanted one a long time,,, now if I could just trade my modified 99 jeep cherokee for one I would be a happy camper.

Right now I am reading alot on this site, there is a plethora of information here. I hope to be here for a long time and learn alot!!

Here is a pic of my cherokee,,, if nothing else maybe I will have to go with a military type paint scheme and be happy till I can find a trade. Be patient with me, I know I have alot to learn.

and yes I have repaired the cut outs in the roof rack!

Last edited:

rikinwyoming

One question I forgot to ask... I saw on here how to start a new thread, but I wanted to put up the cherokee for trade in the classifieds,,,, and could not start a thread there. Do I have to be a paid member to put it up for trade in there?

jbingvtx

Welcome, I lived in Pine Bluffs, Wy for years. I see Wyoming show up on GSA auctions from time to time and there is a member in Denver that sells CUCVs.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
welcome , it has been that you had to have at least 5 posts to run a classified ad , in another thread Doghead ( moderator ) said they were possibly raising it to 50 posts not sure if it started yet or not

rikinwyoming

I love Casper, there is nothing there, I went to the car wash and the museum there once. Hopefully they are still there, otherwise there is no town!
Casper has grown by over 20k people in the last 6 years or so,,, and yeah there are about 10 car washes and two museums here,,,lol

It's nice,, but I am ready to move somewhere less populated soon!