• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Foot Starter Switch

Yardbrawler

Does anyone know where I can buy a Foot Starter Switch for a 1953 Reo M45?
The one on my truck doesn't engage like it is supposed to.
Can I just bypas it?
Just found your great site yesterday.:-D

Thanks

Barrman

The foot switch has about 10 pieces. You should be able to stand by the drivers front tire and grab the firewall side of the pedal. Pull there and see if the starter works. There is a long bar that goes over the back of the engine and then back down to the starter. I think I have a picture that shows it good. Look for the stuff around the tunnel opening.

Attachments

Yardbrawler

I ordered a new switch from White Owl and it was the correct one but it turns out I didn't need it. The rod had jumped over the linkage next to the starter with that cross over bar that Barrman had mentioned. Pryed it back over and hopefully it'll stay put.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks