• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Footwell Armor

Coonass77

I have a complete set of footwell armor (driver & passenger side, inner and outer plates, door reinforcements, etc), as well as a few other misc pieces I haven't found in the TM yet (armor behind the front AC, etc) from an m1114. Basically everything shown in these parts diagrams (minus the hardware), and the as-yet unidentified stuff. I've looked, but haven't found many examples of this stuff on the market. My questions: 1. Is it legal to sell? 2. Is there any market for it?
Appreciate any insight you guys can provide. Thanks.

1659369303357.png1659369270308.png1659369282074.png1659369292627.png

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Typically all the armor stuff is removed at demil so very few leak out still installed. I believe the dealers can sell the stuff new so should be no legal problems as it is just metal so to speak. Some do try to build their own up armored versions so there is a market to sell.

There are different models of the armor as MAK for USMC and I think there was another made for the Army and Air force plus current production so finding the correct tm will be tricky but you seem to be on the right path.

Not a coon ass but I am from the right geography :)

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
no legal issues selling it.
Yes, there is a market for it. It's not a huge market, because there isn't much real world application for it in civilian hands, so it's mostly for people that want their trucks to be "authentic"
Prices on armor pieces are usually outrageous, but true armor steel is difficult to properly work/manufacture which increases the costs significantly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks