• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

? for driving a MLVW canadian deuce

moroco

:roll: how do we use the hi- lo shifter and front axel lever

what to do and not do ?
don't want to break anyting...

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driving empty - just use high range, but start in 1st gear. Heavy loaded, or when using reverse (for better control), start in low range, then shift into high range between 4th and fifth - engine and transmission will be under less strain that way.

moroco

I have an automatic transmission, do you no if there is a full lock for the traction , can I turn with the front axel on.

WPNS421

The large lever on beside the driver's seat is for the hi-lo range, when driving on the highway make sure the lever is in the up position. If going cross country the lever should be in the down position or on the floor. To shift the the front axle on simply stop flip the lever to the on position and drive. You can turn etc with the front axle locked but you will notice some jerking, this caused by the front tires having traction. Use the front axle lock only when needed. You can shift the lever to off while driving. The truck is slow to start and you should use 3rd gear to start and then shift to drive as you speed up. Question? As-tu des enregistrements pour ton camion. La SAAQ n'a pas donner des enregistrements pour le chemin a personne. Si tu as des enregistrements pour le chemin svp laisse moi le savoir, fait attention si tu te fait prendre sur le chemin il vont saisir ton camion:cry:. Connai-tu Luc a St-Jerome?? PM me with your e-mail address and as soon as I get some news on registering the MLVW I will let you know.

Operating MLVW by the book...

Moroco -

You should only be engaging the front axle when it is required for better traction on loose or slippery surfaces to assist in moving the vehicle.
...do you no if there is a full lock for the traction...
The MLVW does not have any locking axles on it in the locking differential sense, if that was what you are getting at. It is undesirable to use a powered front axle on dry surfaces, ie. pavement. Keep the airshift lever in the "Out" position unless required, then move it to "In" position to engage the front axle to aid in traction. The shift can be done at any speed, but I would personally try to keep that speed lower than highway speed, unless I felt it absolutely necessary - like in an emergency.
...how do we use the hi- lo shifter...
If you are referring to the "High Range" and "Low Range" Transfer case lever on the tranny tunnel, it has three positions clearly felt when adjusted properly. Full down is Low Range - used in poor road conditions or adverse cross country terrain. Full up is High Range - used for "normal" driving conditions where most on road driving takes place. The center position is for unlocking the Transfer case from the rest of the powertrain. If your MLVW has the modification for this lever, ie. the locking plate and pin on the tunnel cover - use it to keep the lever from being moved out of the selected position.

If you require more info I would suggest getting a copy of the Operators manual and the Maintenance manual for your truck. They really explain all the functions well. I have copies of them if you are interested. Cheers,

Craig