• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For MKT Lovers - The Teleflex MDI - PC 100 Converter

pitmaster t

As many of you know I bought an MKT for my catering biz. I do BBQ typically but am branching out to do more as I always cringe at letting money go because I don't serve a burger or dog, or Corn Husk wrapped sausages, Deef Fried Smoked ribs, Cosmic Slop (BBQ Spaghetti), Chicken for Half Assed Friends (Deep Fried Chick with a Rub instead of a breading and dipped in Love Gravy), or fresh strawberries on a skewer dipped in buttermilk then rolled in Captain crunch and deep fried..... hold it... what was I talking about.

Oh yes... the Teleflex P100. So my opinion is, with 6 burners and frankly not being able to imagine needing more than 4 at one time, and with 6 rebuild kits) I think the true Achilles heel will be this converter. 96-132 volt input, 24 volt output... 600 sustained and 1200 watt starting..... nothing else like it I can find.

While mine works, like a lot of items, I would prefer to pack this away and use something else until I decide to sell it and return it to its mounting.

While MBUs are easier to get... I would hate for my biz to be dependent on that item. However, it appears that the best thing to do is have three.... and a local tech I have can make the broken ones work if they break down - but need one always ready for back up.

So...................................................... who was the hooligan that bought four NEW ONES for 196.22 (that's almost 25 a piece) from GL on 5/14. Who are you?

Shall we talk or shall I get out the ole voo doo doll. LOL

How often do those puppies come up? For that price I would have a friend pick them up in Ohio. LOL

$_57 (5).jpg

Attachments

pitmaster t

I am totally making space and a charger for this application. I might even buy a 24 volt truck battery. I just see this little Teleflex as "gold" and if I ever sell the MKT I would definitely think the person would want it. Although if I find another lot of those converters, $50 per ain't nuthin to sneeze at.

I am preserving it like it is pretty much.... we are all lucky I didn't make it Purple like my Company colors.

Last edited:

pitmaster t

I hope you guys don't mind me thinking out loud. I must have early Alzheimer because as I think these things through, I really just need a place to store them I can access them once more.

Okay, this is interesting. I have been planning for my 24 volt truck battery/battery minder adaptation. I pretty much had everything in line from the PVC box that will contain the battery to the charger and digital in line volt meter so I will know when I need to prepare for loss of power. But what I needed was the actual name of the two pin couplers.... I did not want to cut into my spare set of wires for the hardware....

well guess what I found... seems like another company is mow making the Teleflex style 24 volt converter - http://www.unmannedsystemstechnology.com/company/analytic-systems/military-power-supply/

The p0wer supply for the MBUs is linked there.

"In addition to the MBU Power Supply for the US Army field kitchens, the US Military uses customized versions of the PWS1510, PWS310, VTC615-24-24 and BCA1510 in various operations."

My troubles with Alzheimers are documented here:

http://youtu.be/epSXr7XNiiE

pitmaster t

opps West Marine sells them... the PWS1500 MS for over $1200 - and its the wrong hook up. LOL But at least you know. Hmmm rated for 4 inches of rain in an hour... vibration rated and ultra quiet (electronic interference I mean.)