• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For once it's nice to get singled out (16.00x20's) Pics

98hd

houdel said:
98hd - What wheels are those? Are those stock 5 ton wheels? Did you do a rear hub flip?
Hemmt Split ring. Hubs are not flipped. Just flipped the rear wheels around. They don't track perfect, but they aren't too bad.

Haven't gotten it out on the road yet. I have some more work to do first, but I took it around on the camp roads and was liking it alot. I think I'm going to take some air out of the rears to see if I can soften up the ride a bit.

deloit

I put 16.00x20's on my M139 bridge truck. My gasser doesn't like them going uphill, and 5th gear isn't used much anymore. The 14.00x20's were better for my truck

98hd

ucfjeeper said:
wow! look at the clearance between the rears!! thats a little scary. hows it ride?
There is a couple inches clearance. Nothing to worry about, they won't rub. If you think about the suspension geometry, both tires on one side would have to droop for the tires to come closer together. How often is that going to happen? Maybe when I jump it :lol: Even then I don't think the springs will uncompress enough to make the suspension droop far enough to make the tires touch.

BTW: I've heard some say that 16's with the hemmt split ring wheels will rub in the front, and some say they don't. In my case, no rubbing :D

Thanks for the compliments. I can't wait to get the trans and t-case fixed and get to work on paint.

vinny-socom1

Jwaller are those stock 5ton combat rims with 16.00x20's? do they rub on turns? thats what I want to put on my 5 ton tractor!!!! Looks awesome :drool:

Thanks Vinny