• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

For those who wanted more pics

6x6guy

Enclosed are the requested pics of last weeks project ( I have to rotate the bracket 90 degrees to prevent light blockage). Like all projects as soon as your done - you have to stand back and admire your work, and figure out on how to improve what you did befor the paint dries. :roll:

Attachments

dc3coyote

Very very cool I like that alot. Great job. Just how do you get it in and out of the bracket.
I think I need to build a coupl of them for the next batch of recoverys.

6x6guy

Just slide the main bar into the cut pipe insert- line up the holes, then place the adjustment insert bar into the main bar, align the holes up then insert the locking pin and lock. One bar inserts from right side and the other from the left
and doesn't matter which gos where as long as the holes line up. It takes a few seconds to insert the pipes into the brackets and or and take apart for use. :jumpin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Compared to that winch and heavy diesel sitting between the frame?
With the weight of the engine and winch, you are very close to the max weight rating of the 900X20 tire. Adding the towbar gets you close to exceeding it!

rat4spd

Please fill in the gaps for me. I thought 9.00's were rated at around 5000#. The military tends to way under rate things, so it seems odd that the truck would be shy of being overweight by a couple of hundred pounds considering a couple of bubbas in the front seat would put in over, not to mention putting any significant load in the front of the box would also.

Seems strange. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong numbers.

Hmm. I guess if the bias is around 70% or so, that would make it close.

Last edited:

6x6guy

The weight of the tow bar bracket is aproximatly 20 Lbs, I was always under the inpression that a 50 percent safty rating was built into the axles and suspenson due to road inperfections, holes, and anything else you care to run over.

rat4spd

I've had my deuce on a scale. It weighed 13,000#'s. If the fronts are rated at 5000#@ and the truck has a front bias of 70% (I have no idea what it is), that puts 9100#'s on the fronts. Add 500# for the winch, 200# for the tow bar, and you are almost at 10,000#.

I would've never guessed. If the bias is 60%, then you have plenty of room to spare. So if someone knows how much weight is on the front axle, that explain it better.