• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ford cucv

hg adams

In the July 2010 issue of Diesel Power there was an article about a 93 Ford F-350 Ambulance that was purchased from our military. It looked like a really nice truck with only 10000 miles on it. It was purchased by the Long Beach Search and Rescue Unit for use as an ambulance. Has anyone else come across one of these? I love my M1028A3 dually for a ranch truck, but the Ford would be really nice too since it has an overdrive (E4OD).

papercu

The military uses any and all types of vehicles. There is a good bit of difference in those and the ones they use as tactical vehicles though.
For some reasons they like to buy white ones and paint them blue and buy blue ones and then paint those white. Wayne

Gerehead8

It is just a normal Ford F-350 Superduty with a Type-I/III ambulance body, it is not a CUCV. The uncommon part is only that it is 4X4 as that was a rare option as I do not think Ford Superduty DRW trucks were 4X4 back then. There have always been companies that add 4X4 to these trucks if not factory, like the 4X4 full size vans.

1993 Ford F350 Search Rescue Vehicle Military Ambulance Photo 2
Only the crew cab drw trucks could not have 4x4 from the factory. The regular cabs and extended cabs could.

gunboy1656

One of the overseas members has/had a picture up of an olive drab Ford Ambulance, I believe it is what your hunting for. I can't remember the members name to locate the pic.

Crash_AF

Ford did not offer a dually 4x4 with a pickup bed until the 1999 Super Duty trucks came out. Centurion conversions did most of the DRW conversions on the SRW 4x4 trucks but I have also seen several other trucks that had the bed swapped and spacers put on the axles.

Cab and Chassis trucks could be ordered with DRW and 4x4 in all cab options.

Later,
Joe