• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ford cucv?

jimmy-90

!!!! Thats awesome!!! Fred Sanford's truck was a 53 or 54 Ford. I always wondered why he complained about it all the time. I thought it was a neet little truck. Im not much of a Ford guy but I would totally drive that.[thumbzup]

idM1028

I found this one in a junkyard not far from here. It was an old (probably about 80-something) Ford Ranger. As you can see it looks like it has mil-spec paint and somebody blacked out the "For Official Use Only" lettering on the doors. I'm guessing maybe Air Force run around/go-getter? Granted, I'm not much of a Ford fan, but I thought it was cool. Speaking of cool, that junkyard had some great stuff, but the folks that ran the place were a little :cookoo:

Attachments

RealCavDog

Thats a super cool old commercial clip ! Totally different from the 100th anniversary promo you usually see about that body style !

Oh, and the Sanford and Son truck was a pre-53 style ! Only know that because my Grandpa had one and I always teased him about it !

jimmy-90

Thats a super cool old commercial clip ! Totally different from the 100th anniversary promo you usually see about that body style !

Oh, and the Sanford and Son truck was a pre-53 style ! Only know that because my Grandpa had one and I always teased him about it !
Oops my mistake :oops: I just looked that up and yep it says that the truck from the NBC serries Sanford and Son was a 1951 Ford. That was one of the funniest shows of all time:)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It was an old (probably about 80-something) Ford Ranger. As you can see it looks like it has mil-spec paint and somebody blacked out the "For Official Use Only" lettering on the doors. I'm guessing maybe Air Force run around/go-getter?
A lot of TMP's had civy vehicles that were used for "ash and trash" missions around post. I used to have to drive around in a Chrysler K-car and haul visiting officers in them.

idM1028

@wreckerman: We still have stuff like that running around post doing post police calls and what not. Usually they're pretty basic Ford F-150's with a light bar, government plates and not much else. I've never seen one repainted or with stencils on it. A while back, my best buddy bought an '08 Ford F-150 that was as base as they come and the same color as most of those trucks. I saw one of the police call trucks one day and thought "Where did he get a light bar? Oh wait. . ."rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks