• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ford cucv?

jimmy-90

!!!! Thats awesome!!! Fred Sanford's truck was a 53 or 54 Ford. I always wondered why he complained about it all the time. I thought it was a neet little truck. Im not much of a Ford guy but I would totally drive that.[thumbzup]

idM1028

I found this one in a junkyard not far from here. It was an old (probably about 80-something) Ford Ranger. As you can see it looks like it has mil-spec paint and somebody blacked out the "For Official Use Only" lettering on the doors. I'm guessing maybe Air Force run around/go-getter? Granted, I'm not much of a Ford fan, but I thought it was cool. Speaking of cool, that junkyard had some great stuff, but the folks that ran the place were a little :cookoo:

Attachments

RealCavDog

Thats a super cool old commercial clip ! Totally different from the 100th anniversary promo you usually see about that body style !

Oh, and the Sanford and Son truck was a pre-53 style ! Only know that because my Grandpa had one and I always teased him about it !

jimmy-90

Thats a super cool old commercial clip ! Totally different from the 100th anniversary promo you usually see about that body style !

Oh, and the Sanford and Son truck was a pre-53 style ! Only know that because my Grandpa had one and I always teased him about it !
Oops my mistake :oops: I just looked that up and yep it says that the truck from the NBC serries Sanford and Son was a 1951 Ford. That was one of the funniest shows of all time:)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It was an old (probably about 80-something) Ford Ranger. As you can see it looks like it has mil-spec paint and somebody blacked out the "For Official Use Only" lettering on the doors. I'm guessing maybe Air Force run around/go-getter?
A lot of TMP's had civy vehicles that were used for "ash and trash" missions around post. I used to have to drive around in a Chrysler K-car and haul visiting officers in them.

idM1028

@wreckerman: We still have stuff like that running around post doing post police calls and what not. Usually they're pretty basic Ford F-150's with a light bar, government plates and not much else. I've never seen one repainted or with stencils on it. A while back, my best buddy bought an '08 Ford F-150 that was as base as they come and the same color as most of those trucks. I saw one of the police call trucks one day and thought "Where did he get a light bar? Oh wait. . ."rofl