• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fording Part Identification

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,

I found this fording breather pipe (at least I think it is) in a bunch of parts in my storage unit. I know it doesn't fit a M-37 and I thought it might fit a jeep or 151 from same period. I'm hoping somebody here might recognize it, because I don't have a clue as to what vehicle it might belong to.

Is 26 inches collapsed and 42 inches extended. It looks too well made to be a "field fab" and has a nice mushroom top.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a very hard time scrapping anything painted O.D.IMG_5775R.jpgIMG_5776R.jpgIMG_5777R.jpgIMG_5779R.jpgIMG_5778R.jpgIMG_5780R.jpgIMG_5781R.jpg

Storm 51

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is for the G749!!!! (M135 M211 etc). RARE AS HENS TEETH!!! Attaches to the pipe in the cab dash board.

SturmTyger380

Is there anything inside the cap like a pre-cleaner? I have always wondered why there was no pre-cleaner mounted on the G749 air cleaner like on the M35's.

SturmTyger380

A pre-cleaner would have kept the mice out of mine.

How to put a price on it. Might be rare but how much demand. Us guys here? I have other things to save for.

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 2 years ago there was a complete kit on ebay that sold for 125. Gunfreak and I saved the pictures. The whole kit is very simple and would be easy to duplicate.
I contacted the buyer and a couple other people who had kits, but no one would put in the time to allow me to make drawings or a parts list. Couple SS members did provide copies of the directions. I know 2 members had complete kits. cannot remember who?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks