• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Foreign MV in DoD

4trans

I am wondering what will ever happen to foreign military vehicles that the DoD/ U.S. Military has in its possession. AKA Soviet Tanks, Soviet Missile launchers, unknown(to me) misc. foreign vehicles??

Stalwart

I'm guessing the same thing they do to US stuff, it is offered to museums and state agencies or gets "demilled" (read ruined) and sold of as scrap metal.

4trans

i wish i was able to get oics but they had a chain link fence and the driver said we better get out of here

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Many of these items were brought back as "War Trophies" by deployed units. They will stay in museums or places of honor on military installations.

Some were purchased from former Soviet states and brought back to study and determine the most effective way to destroy them (don't ask me how I know this).

The chances of purchasing one legally would be slim to none.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I was out at the White Sands NM range a few years ago picking up a Duster for a museum. They had a huge area full of former Warsaw Pact mv's. We got our duster hauled to the rail head at Ft Bliss by the target contractor. He told us that whenever a company comes up with a better AT weapon they rig one of the up with R/C and out on the range it goes, one hit and then after eval, it gets pulled father out as a static target. He said with a new weapon they may go through 5 or 6 of them. The real sad thing was there was one area that had 40+ dusters that were waiting to be static targets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks